Progress Update # 3

Monday, March 31, 2014 3 comments
As I further my design, I have found many new precedents to draw inspiration from. Chiefly, as is with the Lotus Temple in New Delhi, India, my design uses the same concept of drawing its design from a flower.

Using the same approach, the highest point and main structure of my design will be in the center, and as the building spreads out, the structure will get progressively smaller as well, forming the shape of a flower.


As can be seen from this elevation view of my eventual building, the flower-like structure is slowly taking shape. The image you see is only half of the final design. The trusses are color coded according to function and hierarchy.


# a15

3 comments:

  • Unknown said...

    I like what you've done with your concept, however keep in mind that aesthetic and functionality work hand in hand so be careful not to limit to a cluster or shape so soon in the process

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2014 [ Design ➏ ] by darien | TNB